top of page

Tax Blog

Corporate Record Book Documents: Amendments

This week’s blog is going to discuss amendments that need to be placed within your corporate record book. We are going to discuss what an amendment is, how it is filed, and whether you need to file an amendment for your company.

First off, an amendment is a minor or major change to one of your documents that has previously been filed with the Secretary of State. Often times, most amendments are simple and deal with something such as an address change, registered agent change, or change in directors/officers. In some states such as Florida, you can do all of the above using one articles of amendment form.

It is also important to note that an amendment to any documents may require a shareholder/members resolution. Check the governing document of your business to find out whether or not the resolution would be required. If the governing document is absent on the subject, then a resolution is only encouraged; it is not necessary.

The professionals at The Center for Financial, Legal and Tax Planning are more than well-equipped to answer your questions with regards to corporate record books or any other business formation questions. Please contact us at (618) 997-3436 to setup a free consultation.

Sign Up


Success! Message received.

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • YouTube Social  Icon
bottom of page